Billy from Madison Wisconsin recently emailed our staff the following question. He asked what are the symptoms of too much carrot juice? First and foremost it should be stated why too much carrot juice is bad for your body. Fresh carrot juice contains more vitamin A than almost any other food source, and as many of you know too much vitamin A is bad for your liver. It is very difficult to drink enough carrot juice to induce a vitamin A overdose, for example you would have to guzzle gallons per day for several days straight. The symptoms of a vitamin A overdose would include soreness around the liver or right side of the body, extreme fatigue, yellow or orange colored skin, blurry vision, nausea, severe mood swings, and mental disorientation. If for any reason you think that you or someone you know is suffering from a vitamin A overdose, then please do contact a doctor immediately. In it's severest form a vitamin A overdose can lead to liver failure and death.