A web visitor named Andy from Boulder Colorado emailed our staff the following question. Can carrot juice cause vitamin A poisoning? The answer is yes, if you drink too much carrot juice it can cause a vitamin A overdose, which in turn leads to liver poisoning. Vitamin A is stored in the liver, however it can only store so much at any given time. If you drink too much carrot juice it will cause the liver to store up too much vitamin A, which will prevent the liver from functioning properly, or even cause liver damage or complete failure. When drinking carrot juice it's good to only consume a pint or less per day. Your body does not need any more than that. With regard to the amount that it would take to cause vitamin A poisoning, it would take drinking liters of carrot juice every day for weeks at a time. This volume is generally far greater than anyone would normally drink, so it's not something that most people should be worried about. Thanks again Andy for the question.