Strawberries are one of the most commonly juiced fruits within the berry family. Rich in vitamin C and flavonoids, strawberries can help strengthen the immune system and are also great for flushing the kidneys. Tart and tangy, I find that pure strawberry juice usually tastes the best juiced with softer less acidic fruits and vegetables such as carrots, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, celery, spinach, or kale.
1. Wash and rinse your strawberries with their stems intact under cool gentle running tap water. I generally avoid using a sink sprayer as it tends to break apart the usually delicate flesh of the strawberries.
2. If your strawberries are home grown or organic then juice them with the greens or strawberry stems intact, as this will provide you with additional vitamins and minerals. If you are not sure whether or not your strawberries are organically grown or otherwise grown with integrity, then go ahead and remove the stems and greens.
3. Using an electric juicer, I will usually juice two to three cups of strawberries per serving. Centrifugal juicers work well with strawberries because the soft flesh usually breaks a part easily for maximum juice extraction. Masticating juicers seem like overkill when juicing strawberries, unless of course that is the only juicer you have.
4. If you're drinking pure strawberry juice straight from the juicer, then try garnishing it with crushed ice and a freshly crushed mint leaf. In many cases I like to stir a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice into my fresh made juices, however I find strawberry juice too acidic as it is.
5. If you're looking to venture way off the beaten path, then try mixing your finished pure strawberry juice with raw homemade almond milk, walnut milk, or hemp seed milk. Homemade nut milks mixed together with fresh fruit and veggie juices can provide some of the most nutritious beverages on the planet.
That concludes this brief how to guide for juicing strawberries, I hope you enjoyed it. If you would like to add any tips or information to our list, then please send us an email. We would also like to encourage you to continue browsing through our extensive how to juice guides, where we outline in detail how to go about juicing various fruits and vegetables with a standard electric juice machine.