Darlene from Vancouver British Columbia would like to know did a carrot juice toxin really paralyze two Canadians? Unfortunately the answer is yes, a botulism toxin within tainted or contaminate carrot juice did cause two Toronto residents to become paralyzed. This incident occurred in October of 2006, and made news headlines across the world. The juice was produced by Bolthouse Farms, and ordered out of Bakersfield California. Due to the risks involved in drinking store bought bottled or raw carrot juice, I simply won't drink it. I juice all of my own beverages at home, using home grown or organic vegetables that I wash myself. After several decades of home juicing, I have never once been afflicted with so much as a minor stomach flu from the juice, and would encourage people to go the home juicing route too. This was a very sad story, and hopefully something that won't happen again to anyone.