Gil from the city of Olympia Washington sent us the following question. She asked can too much carrot juice be harmful to your organs? The answer is yes, too much fresh homemade carrot juice can be harmful to your liver. Carrot juice contains a large volume of vitamin A, which is stored in the liver. It is very difficult to accomplish, however if you drank a gallon of carrot juice every day for just a week, then that would likely be enough to cause a vitamin A overdose. Your liver would try to stockpile all of the vitamin A that it was receiving, and this vitamin A overload would prevent your liver from being able to carry out regular organ functions. The end result of a vitamin A overdose could be temporary or even permanent damage to your liver, or quite possibly liver failure. So the moral of the story here is to drink carrot juice in moderation. You only need to drink about a liter to a pint a day to receive all of it's many health benefits. Many thanks for the question.