Emily from the renown city of Nashville Tennessee emailed my staff this excellent question. She asked can I overdose on the vitamin A within carrot juice? The answer is yes, you can indeed overdose on carrot juice based vitamin A. Homemade carrot juice is one of the most abundant sources of vitamin A, and thus it should be consumed in moderation. It is quite difficult to consume enough carrot juice to cause a vitamin A overdose, that would require drinking a gallon of the juice per day for a few weeks straight. All you need in order to enjoy the many abundant health benefits of carrot juice is roughly a pint or a liter per day. A vitamin A overdose can be a very serious concern, as it can permanently damage the liver, or even cause liver failure and death. So while you don't need to fear carrot juice in any regard, you should however moderate your intake. A very healthy diet includes a broad spectrum of foods and beverages, so get nutrients from multiple sources.